Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creativity and New Media

For this entry I created an avatar in second life. Besides reading about it from the articles posted for this class I also have a co-worker whose dad actively plays this game. He is a retired mechanic and spends most of his free time engaged in Second Life. Seeing as it has a substantial following I wanted to create my own avatar in it and see for myself  what all the hype was. I selected the robot to be the digital representation of myself and decided to go exploring in Dublin, Ireland (the second life version of it that is). As it turns out, Dublin is a pretty lonely place. I walked around for quite some time trying to find someone to interact with but sadly I couldn't find anyone. I stopped at a news stand for sometime then continued my search for the rest of the second life users. Eventually I stumbled upon a nice bridge by the coast and since there was no one else around I had my avatar enjoy the view. If I had any money in second life I would've bought a guitar and had him play a nice Irish jig by the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment