Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our Class Wiki- So Far

I have not added any extra information onto the class wiki besides my bio so far. The section of the wiki I am working on is the presence and effect new media has economically.In my research for my term paper however, I did come across a lot of information on how new media has effected the way companies have began marketing and increased their connection with customer's wants and needs. Many companies have started using Twitter as a medium to increase brand awareness and create clever slogans. Particularly the people behind the KONY 2012 were able to raise massive amounts of money to their cause through their YouTube video and their marketing on Twitter through their hashtag of #KONY2012. Also companies like Proctor & Gamble have used new media to get customer opinions on certain products and better identify what exactly they like about a product and what they do not. For my section of the of the wiki I plan to expand these ideas and explain better how new media has been able to help companies reach out into new markets, better brand themselves, generate more profits, and reduce their losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment